Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a few more photos


So I have a few more pictures!
These are some final shots of my latest cake project. My Relief Society asked me to make the desserts for a Visiting Teaching Social. I wanted the cakes to look really sophisticated, so I decided to make two chocolate tortes, decorated with fruit. I did that once before, for a family party and it looked really great.
I didn't think that two tortes would be enough, plus I wanted to be able to eat some dessert (I've given up chocolate for this year) So I choose to do a two tiered white cake with orange moussiline buttercream too. I was stumped on how to decorate it though.
Then my husband wanted to taste test the scraps for me. I took some of the cake that was left over from leveling the tiers and frosted it with a bit of buttercream. My husband topped it off with some of the strawberries I'd originally planned on using for one of the tortes. I tasted my husband's addition to the buttercream, and since I was doing fresh fruit on the torte,
I decided I should carry the fresh fruit decoration theme onto the buttercream.
I altered my original plan for one strawberry torte and one raspberry torte to two raspberry tortes and then I decorated the buttercream with strawberries and mandarin orange segments. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!
cakes set out for the social

white cake with orange moussiline buttercream
w/strawberries and mandarin oranges

dark chocolate torte with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce

I was nervous about transporting the cake, so I took a picture before I left home,
just in case something happened while transporting it to the church!


I'm still gathering pictures from other events, and I'm hoping to maybe have some step by step photos for a project this weekend. But that may depend on if I actually get some time to work on a project this weekend...

If anyone has any pictures from cakes I've made, could you email them to me?? Thank you!

~tinu

1 comment:

  1. Tia, that is truly amazing. You go girl!! I will forward you the pix that I have from the birthday parties you did last year. Keep it up, you have a beautiful talent for this!

    ReplyDelete