Monday, March 15, 2010

Bundt Cakes

I'm obsessed with bundt cakes. I've been making about 1 bundt a week since I bought my bundt pan last month! So this blog entry is dedicated to the bundt cakes I've been experimenting with.

The first is the Golden Almond Cake. I've probably made 4 of these. My husband likes them so they don't last for very long in my home. And the smell of the almond is just amazing!





Now I haven't gotten to taste this cake, it's a White Chocolate Raspberry Cake. One of my coworkers and my little sister each got a piece and the rest was given away to a neighbor family who was moving. It smell good though and I'm told it tasted good too!



This weekend I went nuts (it was a stressful week and I needed some baking time to cool off!) I made some Pillsbury sweet rolls, Rhodes rolls, and then I got down to the homemade stuff. I made two loaves of bread, banana-nut muffins and a Cordon Rose Banana Bundt Cake.


I discovered that the fastest way to ripen bananas. Freeze them over night! Just make sure you have time to defrost them before you use them. They get kinda mushy so defrost them on a plate!



I made the banana cake without any nuts. It tastes like the banana muffins, but it just felt like something was missing without the nuts. I really like the dense moist texture. I doubled the amount of sour cream used to make it extra moist. Delicious!

~tinu

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! You did go nuts this weekend didn't cha?! Your loaf of bread looks perfect. you make me sick sometimes ya know that! In a good way of course! Those bundts look amazing too! I need to get cooking to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete